Saturday, July 20, 2013

Floored.

After visiting just about every display home in Brisbane and on the gold coast, I must say, hands down, rectified edge polished porcelin tiles are my pick for living area floors.

Unfortunately, their way over the top prices cannot be justified. So what can we use instead? I've never liked the ugly cement coloured grout lines of pressed edge ceramic tiles. So they are out.

A colleague suggested vinyl plank flooring. At first I was keen. I then realised that in a large area, due to the 'printed' nature of the planks, you would see a repeating pattern. Not to mention the fact that over time, it will look worn and tatty (Next time you are in a big shopping center, have a look in a lot of the clothes shops that tend to use vinyl and you will see what I mean).

Enter bamboo flooring. Harder than the hardest hardwoods, natural and random look and very affordable. My builer has quoted me for bamboo and the price is reasonable, though I have seen it much cheaper. I am waiting to find out who the supplier is as this is the colour I have in mind....

French Bleed Bamboo (Arc Bamboo)



No comments:

Post a Comment