Saturday, July 13, 2013

What's the plan?

Well! It has been quite some time since I've posted! Lot's been holding us back. Last year, I spent about a third of the year working in sunny Geelong and earlier this year, Joyce and I had a little baby girl!

Finally the time has come to stop paying the council money for a lump of dirt that's doing nothing!

First up, we will be building with Bold Properties. I've had quotes from Metricon, Plantation and Adenbrook (for an almost identical design.... Adenbrook have gone bankrupt! Thankfully, I only got their quote for the hell of it)

Soooo..... here is my modified version (as drawn by me) of the Bold design...

My modified design.... forgot to draw door to patio.


Having had quotes from three other builders for similar sized homes, I must say Bold are the best value for money hands down. (Although Adenbrooks quote was on par with Bold, the sales rep refused to give me a copy of the quote and required a $1500 deposit before we could proceede
further)

Bold have been extremely flexible with the design I have chosen. They have provided me with a wealth of information and details of several of their designs and have been absolutely up front about costs of everything I have asked for. Yes, we have already exceded the budget that I set, but not by much!


No comments:

Post a Comment